Sunday 13 October 2013

App thinking Process / Review / Reflections

App thinking process



==============

Review by Andrew:

Jack the Ripper - Victorian csi 

Lithography and newspaper illustrations at the time

Sickert and the conspiracy

American woman novelist who thinks that sickert is the ripper and who is taking pictures apart to prove it.

Ar- augmented reality app. You buy it and it keeps your Apple ID or name and you create an account. Go to brick lane, there are wifi stations on buildings which you join the network based on your app's credentials.

There are staged elements based on the suspects and identities and you can follow them around and become the detective for the evening. Plus there are clues to take you to the pub, restaurants and other places of interest locally.

Film locally and then add some black and white footage of Victorian crowds and make it semi transparent.


=======================


I like the look of this footage, they are still images working with a video, kind of silhouette, I can create an atmosphere of mystery. Still images it's like frozen in time.

http://footage.shutterstock.com/clip-2073245-stock-footage-childhood-memories.html#src=tgeWwrEqG0FM45PdhPrJnA-1-32


I try different options to use in the augmented reality:




The image can be treated to look more ghostly and appear and disappear like in the first video, it would recall memories from the past.

Some test using moving images:





===================

I look at this website http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03fvc1c, that is about Ripper Street a BBC program and look at their sketches:

I found the style of the sketches quiet appealing and achievable, but I'll lost felling of the AR...
========





=========

Review with George


I talk to George, and he said that I can use pictures or illustration from the time, the I'll need to go to London and film the exact spot for the visualisation. I'll need to gather as much illustration as I can.

=========

Review with George 21/10

I was stuck trying to work out the story, that I forgot to see how the user would work with that. I have to remember that they would be holding the App and they would use their thumbs to navigate, so they should be locate close to that area.

=========

Review with Sue 23/10

The tour for JTR is to long for the user to be holding the iPad in vertical position the whole time, so I would need to take some actions:
  1. I would focus at the moment on the murder site, and left open the potential of the app for more POI, and victims path.
  2. The App would combine flat use and Augmented reality.
  3. I want to use the Augmented reality like a open a window to the time at that moment, so people can see in the real spot how it use to look like. One recommendation is to use cut's out like Terry Gilliam http://montypythoninspires.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/8/. And build a 360 view for the user to be able to explore the spot.  Audio it is going to be consider and text available for audio impaired users. 
  4. Augmented reality is going to be use just on the spot and the directions would be given through a map, like google directions.
  5. Some warming should said to the user that they arrive.
  6. There would be WiFi hot spot available to the user (installed by the App's owner or the same technology as the iPad that would use the different WiFi spots in the area in order to position the person, it can be a agreement with the people in the area)
  7. I would be reviewing the purpose of the App.
  8. If I use augmented reality don't make interactive.
  9. Evaluate the alternatives: Guide the user through a fixed path, or let the user to choose where to go.

======================

Reflection so far 23/10

I feel that I expend to long on the story, which is extensive and complicate if I want to extract all the details, that I forgot about the purpose of the brief relate with user experience.

Focus on what experience I would give the user, I want them to feel immerse in the story through augmented reality tour, visual and audio, feel the eerie moment of the murders.  I always want to see all the potential oif using augmented reality.

===================

Review of Planning with Andrew 24/10/2013

I showed him the Planning summary blog.  We review the Script, Look and feel, Storyboards, Logistic and Flow diagram/wireframe.  As I was so focus on the story and research try to bring the best of the information for the iPad, I lost the path of looking for interfaces and complete the architecture of the App.  He recommendation is to finish the information architecture in a week.  For this I would need to focus on the functionality of the iPad and complete the flowchart and wireframe so I can start storyboarding.  I would work this weekend on this.

The rest of the idea for the iPad I should left documented in the Blog as future versions or Top-in App.

He recommend to check @colorizedhistory and @combinedhistory
https://twitter.com/ColoredHistory

https://twitter.com/CombinedHistory


=====================





No comments:

Post a Comment