Wednesday 6 November 2013

Storyboards previews

Main page 2.0

I tried different navigations:


  • Simple the user just tap the label and open box with information, it's the simple.  The problem is the story is lost, as it isn't an order on the events also some people find maps complicated at  the moment to find a place.




  • This time I'm using a side panel. The user tap the picture to expand the information for directions.  The places of interest is ordered by date of the event.  I tried a Side panel and a Bottom bar, but it's simple to navigate with the side bar when the user is holding the iPad, so they can use their thumbs while holding the iPad.  But the element doesn't look tapeable.


  • I added a box around and an arrow to allow horizontal and vertical navigation. The user can swipe to the right 
    • I tried the horizontal nag, but I still considered that it's difficult to use with the thumbs.



POI More info 2.1

I tried different navigations:
  • I would need a box for directions to POI, from the Side panel design. Once the user swipe to the right the box move to the right and expand down, and the Side Panel move to the top so the Box it's on top. This allow watch partially the POI on the middle of the Map and change it colours to draw attention.
NOTE: I would change Place of Interest for Locations.


  • This time with a floating box. The box from the side panel would move away and expand down, menu would go up. The map would centre on the POI.  I would need to text this options, because this options it's aesthetics appealing as made the design proportional, but again the user might be lost into the map.


  • I also tried the Bottom bar design. Once the user swipe up the box move up and expand right, the menu move to the left, so the box is in the far left side of the screen. This allow watch partially the POI on the middle of the Map and change it colours to draw attention.



Directions 2.2




Destination 2.3





AR 3.0





=====================================


Main page 2.0


Between number and letters Labels



I'll choose letters as I'll have more choices using just one character.



Between 2pt stroke (previous pictures) and 4pt stroke. I think 2pt stroke for the icons/labels are too thin so I increased to 4pt, they are better appreciate, but I'll need to choose different colours for them, differentiate tappable from information.







No comments:

Post a Comment